Monday, June 13, 2011

People who blog do so because they have something to say...something to share. I'm one of those people, but only sometimes and lately not very often. I decided some months ago that I needed to get some chores around the house done before I allowed myself the freedom to embark on other projects. No new 'messes' without cleaning up some of my 'findings' and 'treasures'.

My daughter found a stash of discarded slate roofing tiles. These are awesome and I've created some interesting wall hangings from them. A set of grapes, painted on a block of cream in acrylic hang in my sister-in-law's condo. And these graphic mono-color paintings of sea oats led me to try a full sized painting of sea oats silhouetted against a sunset. That was the last piece I did before holding my art for ransom in the hope that I would clear away some clutter.

There's no message here...except to say be careful what you sign up for. We need to say 'yes' to our inner voices more often and 'no' to the demands on our time that sap our creative juice. Whether those demands are from others or from inside ourselves.

Have a great day!

No comments: